What’s new in Pandora FMS 7.0 NG 705
This post is also available in: Spanish
Presenting 705, the latest packet from Pandora FMS 7.0 NG, with numerous improvements, better-looking visuals and debugs. Here’s a list of the most important changes:
- Multi-origin macros. From now on you can use content from any agent module that generates alerts to include more information about the agent.
- An additional tag filter in mass module operations to facilitate the operation in certain specific cases:
- Improvements in mass Plugin operations.
- ‘Strict ACL’ option eliminated from User menu.
- New report item with Maximum, Average and Minimum values.
- Improved free text search.
- Configuration changes (Events detection) collected in inventory data, such as installed software packets, network hardware configuration, paths, installed IPs or hardware, now include more detail on the change; a new item, an eliminated item, a modification of an existing item, etc.
- Inventory list can now be ordered by agent.
- Group view display is now in black and white when displaying total data (ALL) to avoid confusion.
- A new search filter (by date) has been added to the SNMP console.
- Better visuals on the events sound console. It now displays details of the event that triggered the alarm and the interface is cleaner and clearer.
- Better Service Graphs displays.
- Better inventory display.
- There is a new option for displaying Module Graphs without compacting the image. You can now zoom in on full resolution for more detail.
- Improvements in the visualization of some graphs of the Dashboards that previously left leveled out.
- Improved Events filters: as well as including small improvements in predefined searches, it also allows custom event fields to be searched.
- Creating Modules in Policies sometimes gave problems: debugged.
- Issues with User paging debugged.
- Issues with Networkmap auto refresh debugged.
- Exporting agents via CSV debugged.
- The Target IP macro gave problems when creating policy modules: debugged.
- Customizing the login page was problematic: debugged.
- Agent names on Windows that included spaces gave problems. Use inverted commas to avoid the issue, eg: “agent_name “Windows 2008 Server”.
- The parameter thread_stack my.cnf (on the Pandora FMS ISO by default) has changed, as it affected MySQL behavior.
- Content from one agent module can now be used on any alert to provide more information.