Yes. I don’t want to talk about the release itself, there is a lot of info about that, just browse here:
This release, has been the most difficult and “brutal” in Pandora FMS history. Just comparing with 2.x version:
- Server code rewritten on most of 80% (Ramon did an excellent job).
- Almost 80,000 new lines of code.
- 320 pages of “main” guide and about 300 more in technical Annexes. ALL NEW rewritten documentation, with more than 300 screenshots. Translated to English and Spanish (HUGE WORK!), thanks to everybody for helping us, specially Julia, for made the worst part (formatting and translation), thanks also to volunteers (Fioddor!).
- Rewritten a lot of console code (Esteban, Ramon and Miguel, with great contributions from Evi).
- New packages for RPM and DEB (Miguel made the magic in Debian packaging, it’s possible to do it easy !!)
- New ISO Installer (SUSE Studio is absolutelly wonderful!!), I made my best here, A LOT of testing do here, time consuming, hard but with very beautiful results !
- A lot of new tools, plugins, extensions and small things, not only in the “main” development.
- A LOT OF TESTING.
The process of final release has taken about a whole week, three people. This was crazy, I had to take a decission on final date, even assuming risk of uknown bugs or packaging problems, because last date to release was 20th Dec 2009 (after several weeks of delays) and if I don’t release it today, probably it will go to middle January.
I really hate to do a release (because there are always many problems and unfinished threads, and I don’t want to public release a broken stuff!) and I hate to do in a so final, and so important release like 3.0. I’m terrified, but after SO MANY months of hard work….
IS HERE !
PANDORA FMS 3.0 is HERE !!! :-)
Sancho es el creador y fundador de Pandora FMS. Entre sus muchas aficiones están la fotografía, la ciencia ficción y deportes como la esgrima.