It’s not official yet (until monday) but I needed to say! :-)
Official packages will not be uploaded to Sourceforge until this weekend. The same packages are now placed on pandorafms.com in download section. Also there is a new Vmware image, compatible with free vmware server and workstation, with 2.0 final version installed.
Pandora FMS 2.0 Released
Pandora FMS is a monitoring software. It watches your systems and applications, and allows you to know the status of any element of those systems (hardware, software, sensors, network equipment, etc).
Development of stable version 2.0 of Pandora FMS is over. After a long testing period, Pandora FMS team has finished development for this version, that introduces great features from previous version.
Some changes from last version are:
* WMI Remote Monitoring Server (Windows).
* Plugin Server to reuse user-programmed network checks.
* Prediction Server to detect anomalies in patterns.
* Export Server to replicate data across multiple Pandora FMS setups.
* Network Map with OS autodetection and topology discovery.
* New Visual Console in AJAX for interactive map creation.
* Agent remote configuration from the Console.
* Advanced alert correlation.
* Log processing (Windows and Unix).
* Now is not necessary to edit the config file of the Windows agent, while installing it you can select and edit its options from a combo box.
Several bugfixes has been made since Beta1 to solve inappropriate database events, ACL, extensions, reports, graphs, groups, alerts, agent, translation, headers, inline help system, snmp, visual console and console itself, behaviour.
You can download Pandora FMS v2.0 and upgrade tool from http://www.pandorafms.com
Thanks to the Pandora FMS develop team and all Rosetta translators for the great effort made to finish 2.0 version.
Sancho es el creador y fundador de Pandora FMS. Entre sus muchas aficiones están la fotografía, la ciencia ficción y deportes como la esgrima.